Amy’s Slumber Party Official Contest Rules
A complete copy of these rules can be obtained at the offices of radio station WNTQ (93Q), owned and operated by Cumulus Media Inc. or one of its subsidiary companies, 1064 James Street, Syracuse, NY 13203, during normal business hours Monday through Friday or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
The Station will conduct Amy’s Slumber Party Contest substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
1. No purchase is necessary. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local regulations apply.
2. Only legal U.S. residents 12 years of age or older who reside in Onondaga, Oswego, or Madison Counties, NY, with a valid Social Security number at the time of entry are eligible to participate in Station contests. (they can only nominate women 21 or older) Employees, agents, representatives, or affiliates of the Station, Cumulus Media Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates, participating sponsors, other radio stations, television stations and print advertising companies serving the metro area, and their immediate family members and household members are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents, siblings, grandparents, children, grandchildren and cohabiting significant others.
3. An individual may win an on-going contest only once per six-month period unless otherwise specifically stated. An individual may win other seasonal or one-time contests only once for the duration of the contest. The Station reserves the right to limit the number of times an individual may enter a contest or drawing.
4. The contest will begin on January 21st, 2013 and will run through February 18th, 2013 (the “Contest Period”).
5. To enter the Contest, send in a letter, 150 words or less, telling us why you and three other female friends want to come to Amy’s Slumber Party, on either February 22ndor February 23rd, 2013 at the Doubletree Hotel at Carrier Circle. Include your full name, address, and phone number and the names of the other three women.
· E-mail to amy@93Q.com;
· U.S. Mail to WNTQ-FM, Attn: Amy’s Slumber Party, 1064 James Street, Syracuse, NY 13203; OR
All entries must be received by the Station no later than 11:59pm on February 18th, 2013. One entry per person, per household, per email address. Late, incomplete, illegible or duplicate entries will be disqualified.
6. As of January 23rd, four letters will be chosen each week up until February 20th, from all eligible entries received by that day, based on the sole discretion of Ted and Amy, to win a room for four women to Amy’s Slumber Party. There are 13 rooms total to give away. The night the winners attend will be based on availability.
If it is subsequently determined that the candidate is not eligible to receive the prize, in the Station’s sole judgment and discretion, another candidate will be selected by the Station for eligibility consultation and this process will continue on until such time as an eligible candidate is found. In the unlikely event that no candidates are found to meet the specifications, then the prize will go un-awarded. In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined by and at the Station’s sole discretion.
7) There will be no grand prize. Thirteen (13) slumber party rooms in all will be awarded. (value of each room: $260.93) The “room” includes a room for four women at the Double Tree Hotel for an overnight stay at Amy’s Slumber Party, four nightshirts, admission to all of the hotel activities and a late night pizza for the room. Winner may be required to present a valid credit card to hold any incidental fees at hotel at time of check in. All expenses and fees associated with prize not expressly included in the foregoing prize description are the sole responsibility of the winner. The winner is the woman at least 21 years of age who is nominated, in a letter selected as a winning entry.
8. Odds of winning depend on a number of factors including the number of eligible entries received.
9. All State, Local, Federal and or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
10. All prizes are awarded “as is.” Prizes are nontransferable and cannot be exchanged. No substitute prize will be awarded to a winner who declines to accept a prize. The Station reserves the right to require contestants to be present at drawings in order to win their prize. The Station shall not be responsible for the failure of participating sponsors to deliver the prizes or any part thereof as described herein.
11. The winners of the rooms can claim their prize at the Doubletree on 2/22 or 2/23. A letter will be sent to each winner, which they must show to claim their room. Proper identification must be presented by any winner to claim prize. As a condition to receiving any prize, each potential winner must complete and sign a Winner’s Affidavit and Release, releasing the Station from all liability in connection with winner’s participation in the contest and acceptance, use, or non-use of the contest prize.
12. All entrants and winners agree that the Station shall have no liability for any injury, misfortune, or damage to either persons or property incurred by entering, participating in, winning, or losing any contest and/or by the acceptance, use, or non-use of any prize received in connection with this contest.
13. All entry blanks, forms, devices, and materials gathered during the course of entry, as well as all information contained on or within, shall become the sole property of the Station to be used, disposed of or destroyed in its sole discretion. The Station is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information entered by website users, and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Station’s website.
15. All entrants and winners agree to give the Station and its licensees, affiliates, successors, and assigns the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use, re-use, broadcast, or publish their name, city of residence, photo, video tape, film or any other likeness, including portraits and pictures, in whole or in part, as part of a composite, retouched or distorted in character or form, and winner’s voice, recorded or live, for any reason the Station deems necessary without compensation, unless prohibited by law. All winners release, discharge, and agree to hold the Station harmless from any and all claims they may have against the Station in connection with the taking, production, or the use of winners’ name, city of residence, any photo, video tape, film or any other likeness, including portraits and pictures, in whole or in part, as part of a composite, retouched, or distorted in character or form and without restrictions as to any changes, transformations or alterations, and including winners’ voices, recorded or live. All winners further acknowledge that the Station owns or will own exclusively any photographs of such winners used for such purposes, including the copyrights in them, regardless of the form in which they have been or may be produced and used, and all winners assign all such ownership rights to the Station.
16. By participating in the Contest, each participant agrees to receive email communications from the Station regarding Station events and contests. Any participant that opts-out of these mailings will also remove themselves from the contest. By participating in the Contest, where allowed by law, participants agree that the Station may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
17. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Station personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Station will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Station’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Station, the Station reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the administration or outcome as the Station deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Station are final. The Station may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITES, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, STATION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
18. By participating in this contest, each participant agrees to waive any and all claims for damages for death, personal injury, loss of property or property damage that he or she may sustain as a result of his or her participation in the contest and/or the use of any prize, and any damages or losses arising from the implementation or carrying out of the contest or any participant’s failure to win the contest or receive the prize, and to release the Station, Cumulus Media Inc. and its subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, and all contest sponsors from any and all liability arising out of or connected in any way with his or her participation in the contest, even though that liability may arise out of an intentional act, omission, negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons or entities mentioned above.
19. A winners list may be obtained after February 20th, 2013 by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the following address: 1064 James Street, Syracuse, NY 13203.
20. Participating Sponsor: Doubletree Hotel Syracuse | 6301 State Route 298 | East Syracuse, NY 13057 Phone: 315-432-0200